Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Guard Alaska Bear Spray For Camping, Because Bear Attacks Are Not Cool.



Bear spray and camping go together like smores and campfires. One just doesn’t belong without the other and one of the major reasons for that is because being mauled by a quarter ton grizzly is not at all cool. Seriously, I enjoy camping and I’ve seen bears and one thing I know for sure is that it would be most unenjoyable if any of these bears I’ve had the pleasure of viewing in the wild were to bite me in the neck region. I’m fairly certain that would damper an otherwise wonderful weekend. I know what you’re thinking, “but what if the bear just clamped his ultra-powerful jaws of razor-sharp teeth onto your torso or leg perhaps?” The answer is still no. It’s not so much I’m worried about my neck exclusively, I’m just not that hip on putting any part of my body in the mouth of a Northern Wisconsin Black bear.

I’ve discussed this topic with friends and I have yet to find any that disagree with me about the whole bear mauling thing. We are all pretty much in agreement that having humongous razor-sharp claws rip through our faces, exposing the skull underneath would be the polar opposite of a “good time”. That is why we all agree and adhere to 1 basic rule while camping and I’m going to capitalize this so it will hopefully sink in…

IF YOU ARE CAMPING ANYWHERE THERE MAY BE EVEN THE SLIGHTEST CHANCE OF A BEAR BEING PRESENT YOU SHOULD HAVE GUARD ALASKA BEAR SPRAY ON YOU AT ALL TIMES.

This is an extremely simple rule to follow and one that could very realistically save your life one day. It just doesn’t make sense not to bring along protection from a creature that you have almost no chance at all of fending off with your bare hands. Also keep in mind that bears won’t follow basic rules of fighting etiquette. Before engaging in hand-to hand combat with a bear you could certainly tell it “hey bear, let’s do this thing but no eye gouging, okay?”, but I doubt very seriously that it will listen. It’s pretty much just going to go for the throat.

As always I kid and say ridiculous things with the hope that you remember these bits of advice that I give you. Please do yourself and your loved ones a huge favor and remember to carry bear spray if you are going to go camping in an area that could find you face-to-face with a bear.

Stay Safe,

Puzek Security Systems

To see more bear spray for camping or other animal repellents please visit us online.

No comments:

Post a Comment