Monday, November 8, 2010

Apartment Alarms Are Great For People Who Don’t Enjoy Being Robbed


Let me explain to you what I had in my apartment when I was in my twenties and living alone in the city. Nothing. I mean I had objects that might be referred to as tables as you could technically set something on them but in all seriousness if someone robbed me and took every last thing in my apartment I would be out maybe 200 bucks. He might have taken the Nintendo 64 and although that would have hurt immeasurably it wouldn’t have been an earth shattering financial event. Regardless of there being little of value in my apartment at the time I did have renters insurance in place and had anything been taken it would have been replaced with me losing nothing more than my deductible.



Unfortunately many renters take care to make sure their material items are insured but not necessarily the most important item of all, their peace of mind. What I mean is that when someone is the victim of a robbery what often happens is that they feel a sense of violation and insecurity that renters insurance can not replace. Fortunately I have not had to deal with that feeling but many of my customers have and the things they have told me make me glad I have not had to experience the same hardship. There’s a real sense of fear that can set in the night after a break in. Who was in here? Do I know them? Are they coming back? What the heck is going on? What was that noise? Am I talking out loud or am I just thinking these things?



The point is that renters insurance can help protect you from a financial loss but will do nothing to protect you from the mental and emotional toll that a break in can have on your sense of safety and security. A very inexpensive apartment alarm can however. Most apartment alarms work by emitting an extremely high decibel sound when a window or door has been breached and that really loud noise is almost always enough to deter a potential criminal from further entering the residence and why wouldn’t it be (unless the burglar is literally deaf)? Criminals don’t like being caught and as soon as they pop the window and hear a 130 decibel alarm screeching at them they are going to turn tail and book but by that point everyone within ear shot is on the lookout and that criminal has just increased his or her chances of being caught.



So please do yourself and those that love you a favor and consider installing one of these extremely effective yet affordable alarms in your own apartment or dorm.



Stay Safe.



To see more apartment alarms please visit us online at Puzek Security Systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment