Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Self Defense For Seniors

I believe that the vast majority of violent crimes against seniors could be prevented with a very small dose of pepper spray. I think every God fearing, tax paying, decent American citizen should have the right to carry pepper spray and if this is true for any demographic I think it may be senior citizens.




If the criminal element is nothing they are opportunistic. Who better to prey upon than those of us who may have the hardest time fighting back? The simple fact of the matter is that the senior population is growing everyday and that means that the number of potential targets grows with it.



I was recently asked if I thought it wasn’t dangerous for seniors to carry it as they may accidentally discharge it. My answer to this would be use common sense. If someone is to the point mentally that they can no longer safely operate a defensive spray device then I would say no. That person should probably not. But that person should no longer ever be in a position to need it. They should be in an entirely protective environment like a senior living facility. But for the seniors living alone I would strongly suggest having something to help ensure their protection. My own mother has pepper spray and is properly trained in using it. And any would-be intruder is in for a memorable experience if they want to make that mistake.



That is why I think just about every senior, certainly the ones living alone, should have some help in the form of pepper spray to prevent possible attack.



Stay safe.



To buy self defense for seniors please visit Puzek Security Systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment